Monday, May 27, 2013

Organic IPA the way it should be done

Fish Brewing Co., Fish Tale Organic IPA: 6.7% ABV 

A friend of mine was asking about IPA's and if I had tried any recently, I haven't. That had me thinking and therefore had me rushing to the store to fix that. I decided to pass the usual suspects and reach for something different, an Organic. That's right, I tend to stray away from Organic beers because of fear that they may have concentrated more on the ingredients and less on the finish product. 
 
The beer was a nice rich amber color with a nice lacy full white head. The amber color already had me thinking that this beer was already different from what I expected. The aroma was of caramel with hints of citrus notes in the back ground. I took my first drink not expecting much but was very pleased with it's malty rich flavor and grassy bitterness of fresh hops. Although not as hoppy as most IPAs in the market place, I found that this beer was well balanced with little to no after taste. It's mouthfeel was smooth and slightly oily allowing the hops to really sit on the tongue.
 
I decided to have this IPA with carne-asada and some home made black/black eyed beans. The crisp bite of the hops and smooth sweetness of the malts complimented the spicy food perfectly.
 
In short I would taste this beer again and again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment