Sunday, April 21, 2013

Warsteiner Premium Verum, EINE KÖNIGIN UNTER DEN BIEREN

Warsteiner, Premium Verum: Pilsner, 4.8% ABV, 1 pint 6.3 oz

The label tells us exactly what to expect: "EINE KÖNIGIN UNTER DEN BIEREN" which translated to English means "A Queen Among Beers." This pilsner really is that good.

When you first pour her golden liquid into your glass you will notice a nice white head that is nit very foamy. The head retention is not long and nor would you expect this light of a beer to hold its head for long. The aroma is a nice gentle brush of malt, not over powering at all. As far as appearance and aroma goes this Pilsner presents it self like royalty.

From the first taste I became a fan. It is crisp, smooth, and dry. With no lingering aftertaste I found myself very pleased and wanting more.

I found that it agreed perfectly with pizza. In fact I will make a point of picking some this pilsner up for my next pizza night. I also plan on trying this Pilsner out with popcorn, yes popcorn, on our next movie night.

No comments:

Post a Comment