Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sierra Nevada, Kellerweis (Bavarian HefeWeizen made in CA)


Kellerweis, by Sierra Nevada: Wheat Ale, 4.8% ABV, 12 oz bottles only, Do not know if it was bottle conditioned

Brewed by Sierra Nevada in the style traditional Bavarian Style of using open fermentation.

I think I have just tasted my new favorite American Hefeweizen!!! Thanks J-time for donating this great beer.

The nose is a perfect blend of clover, yeast, and fruit. It has a wonderful retention of its white foamy head, and its color is a nicely clouded golden haze. The taste is not as fruity as its German counter parts but it does have a nice complex of mix of flavors ranging from clove to banana. There is no need for a lemon or orange slice in this glass!

I would combine this brew with something light. I thinks perhaps a nice Chinese Chicken Salad, grilled chicken with a citrus glaze, or even maybe a bowl of diced fruit. I know this is one of their knew year round brews but think spring and summer when matching this to your next meal.

Next Beer: ?

No comments:

Post a Comment